Sunday, July 9, 2017

Mixed Media Beach Canvas



And now for something completely different, right?! I started doing Mixed Media...:o 
After a talked to this lovely shop owner she encouraged me to try some mixed media. 
I went for it and here's the result. 
I thought it would be fun to make a shabby looking beach/ocean themed canvas. 
I absolutely enjoyed the whole journey but really need to teach myself that enough is enough...lol ;)
Less is more wasn't something I thought about while creating this piece :p

Zo is dat even iets heel anders, of niet?! Oh ik ben begonnen met Mixed Media :o
Nadat ik een tijdje met Nicole van CraftAddiction had zitten kletsen moedigde ze me aan om eens echt aan de gang te gaan met Mixed Media. Dus zo gezegd zo gedaan en dit is het resultaat ;).
Het leek me een leuk om een strandachig tafereel te maken op een canvas.
Ik vond het echt super leuk om te maken en heb genoten van het hele proces maar genoeg is genoeg is nog wel iets wat ik mezelf moet gaan leren ;).
Less is More heb ik nog niet helemaal begrepen lol.


So I used some masking tape, cheesecloth and texture paste to create depth and used my silhouette and a couple pf dies to cut out the seagulls and gears. 
I added all kinds of shells, small and medium sized 3D balls and used a bunch of beads to create a beach scene. 
To give everything color I used Inka Gold, Nuvo Embellishment Mouse, Versamagic Drops and inksprays (CraftEmotions and Kippers Pssst spray).

Ik heb met behulp van Masking tape, kaasdoek en textuur pasta diepte gecreëerd. Ik heb vervolgens mijn silhouette en verschillende mallen gebruikt om de vogels, tandwielen ed uit te snijden.
Vervolgens heb ik een hele verzameling schelpen, 3D balletjes en een hele verzameling kralen gebruikt om er echt een strandtafereel van te maken. 
Ik heb het op kleur gebracht met Inka Gold, Nuvo Embellishment Mouse, Versamagic Drops en  inksprays (CraftEmotions, Kippers Pssst spray).


I wouldn't be myself if I wouldn't add anything by Lili of the Valley so I used one of their sentiment stamps called Sketchy Wishes.

Omdat ik mezelf niet zou zijn als ik het niet zou doen heb ik nog een tekst stempel gebruikt van Lili of the Valley, genaamd Sketchy Wishes.

I would like to join the following challenges:
Love to Create Challenge Anything Goes
CraftAddiction Zomervakantie Mixed Media Style
Love to Craft Anything Goes
Love to Scrap Anything Goes
Cards and Scrap Inspiratie Blog Foto inspiratie zomer

Enjoy your day, I hope it's as sunny as mine :)


3 comments:

  1. Wow, geweldig mooi resultaat Cindy!!! De eerste keer?? Echt zo kanp. Je hebt het in je vingers!
    Dankjewel voor je deelname bij CraftAddiction challenge blog.
    Gr Anita DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I love all the different details to look at. Thank you for joining in the change on the We Love to Create blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous project! I love the colours, they have really captured the theme and the dimension is fantastic. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month, Jane (DT) :) x http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you to leave me a comment, thank you so much!